UN Packaging: 1Gallon (128oz) 26 Gauge Gray Closed Head Steel Metal Drum With Screw On Cap
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 100% Recyclable Material
- UN Approved Packaging
- UN Marking: 1A1/X1.5/250/**/USA/M4071
- Packaging Container Group X (Meets Group I, II, and III tests)
- Hydrostatic Tested at 250kPa
- Classified as Closed Head Steel Drum
- Must be used with metal screw closure to remain UN certified
- Industrial Strength 26 Gauge Steel
|Over Flow Capacity||3,959.74 ml|
|Material / Resin||STEEL|
|Diameter / Width||6.5in|
|Height||8.6 in +/- 0.13in|
Our UN approved 1 Gallon Gray Closed Head Steel Metal Drum is a premium solution for transporting from the highest level of hazardous materials. This container is accurately described and classified as a Closed Head Steel Drum and has met the requirements to meet UN groups I, II, and III testing standards. Construction consists of 26 gauge steel on the top, bottom, and side panels, this container is ready to handle the toughest of conditions with the harshest of products contained.
This container is gravity weight rated at 1.5. The final product put into the package should fall below 1.5 or meet the 1.5 gravity weight limit, not to exceed that limit.
Please note the difference between UN and non-UN rated containers is that UN containers have tested extensively and fall within compliance to be certified by the United Nations (UN).
This container is ideal for the following markets and applications:
- Fuel Samples
- Paint Thinners
Some of the test required for UN rating are the following:
- Drop Testing - The container is dropped with the center of gravity over a specified impact point
- Hydrostatic Test - The container, filled with compressed air, is submerged in water for at least five minutes
- Leak Proof Test - The container is filled to the overflow capacity with internal pressure
- Stack Compression Testing - For 28 days containers are stacked on top of each other in temperatures meeting or exceeding 104 degree Fahrenheit
In order to be fully UN compliant, the 0.75-inch metal screw closure with white rubber gasket must be assembled and is included in the purchase.