People have used glass bottles for thousands of years. Do you know how they came about and how the production of glass bottles evolved over time?
We have put together an infographic that explains the history of glass bottles. Some of the interesting facts you will find here include:
- The first glass bottle: The first glass bottle was produced in Southeast Asia in 100 B.C., and in the Roman Empire, 1 A.D.
- The oldest unopened wine bottle : Dated back 1700 years ago! in Speyer, Germany
- Master Glassmakers : One of the noble trades of the Renaissance era
- Oxygen Discovery : Yes, it was discovered in a glass bottle
- Where Mason Jar got its name : John Landis Mason invented the Mason Jar. He designed a jar that can be sealed using a screw on lid.
To learn more about the history of glass bottles, take a look at the infographic below.