O.Berk / BottleStore Academic Scholarship
The O.Berk Company Academic Scholarship is awarded bi-annually to passionate students enrolled in a 4-year college program.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a student with an interest in pursuing continuing education in any field.
THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Up to four annual tuition scholarships payable to the recipients’ education institution for tuition will be awarded as follows:
- Two $1,000 one-time awards for accredited community colleges or 4-year schools for the Fall Awards and,
- Two $1,000 one-time awards for accredited community colleges or 4-year schools for the Spring Awards
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship. The candidate:
- Has a minimum grade point average of 2.75 and has graduated from a US high school or has obtained their US GED at the time of application (attach transcription or official record); OR is enrolled full time as a college student at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcript or official record)
Please check your eligibility before applying.
Application materials must be received by May 15th (for Fall Award) or October 15th (for Spring Award) in order to be considered. The following materials should be submitted:
- Completed application form
- A typed essay (no more than one page double spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
- Describe an accomplishment you have been recognized for and its influence on you.
- Who has been most influential in your life and why?
- What are your career aspirations and why?
- Describe a business concept that you have found to be inspiring and describe why?
- One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or other adult who is not an immediate relative.
- Written confirmation of enrollment at accredited 4-year or community college (if no college transcript is available).
Recipients will be selected by an independent academic professors board based on application materials provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by June 30th (for Fall Award) or December 5th (for Spring Award). Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.
SCHOLARSHIPS REVIEW BOARD MEMBERS
- Sara Grossman, M.F.A. & Ph.D. (ABD), Rutgers University
- Richard Palatini, Adjunct Professor | Kean University
- Marc Yeung, Professor | Passaic County College
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying, read all of the instructions and eligibility requirements on this page. Then, download and complete the application – see link at the bottom of this page. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
The winner will be featured on our blog, social media accounts, and customer email announcements.
All application materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
All written submissions become property of the O.Berk Company and may be posted on our website, blog, social media accounts, email materials, printed promotional materials, or elsewhere as we see fit.
Each applicant is allowed 1 submission per award period. Multiple submissions will be disqualified.
Full time employees and their families are eligible to participate after at least 6 months of employment.
You will not be added to any mailing lists by applying for the scholarship. If you are interested in our products, you can browse through our catalog on this website.
APPLICATION FORM DOWNLOAD
Download the application form here.